Wednesday, April 29, 2009

13: Reporting on the Application Project

For my application project, I will be writing a series of letters from Klansmen to other Klansmen, local businessmen, local newspapers, etc. The letters vary in subject – some will be from Grand Dragon Locke updating Simmons on the Colorado Klan’s progress; others will detail Locke’s orders to his kleagles; others will be threats or warnings to Klan-backed politicians; and others will be basic informational letters to Klansmen. These should, I think, give readers a good idea of the Klan’s doings and aims in 1920s Colorado.
So far, I have written two letters: one from Locke to Simmons, the other from Locke to Stapleton. I have decided on the format that I will use for all the letters, and I think I have selected a fitting style for the time. Right now, I have written about 300 words total.
I still have approximately 900 words to write, which will likely be about 5 or 6 more letters. I also have to work on the accompanying essay; I’m not quite sure what we’re doing with that, however, so I need to get some clarification before I begin. I should have all of my letters finished by Friday, and depending on when I find out what we’re doing for the accompanying essay, I hope to have that done by the weekend, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment