Sunday, March 15, 2009

7b: Evaluating Sources

Goldberg, Robert Alan. Hooded Empire: the Ku Klux Klan in Colorado. University of Illinois Press: Chicago, 1981.
Relevance:
The info will help me accomplish my purpose, and it wil help me address my readers' needs/interests. The book offers enough and the right kind of evidence, and uses it faily; it is convincing, and its sources are provided. The author is knowledgable, is an expert in the field, and does not write with bias. The publisher, too is reputable.

Quillen, Ed. "Welcome to Kolorado, Klan Kountry." Colorado Springs Independent 22 May 2003.
Relevance:
This is published in a repuatble periodical. It is up-to-date, and it is written with historical and fairly-used evidence, not personal bias. It provides good information that I can use in finishing my paper. It is approrpiate and relevent.

Gunn, LaDonna. "The Protestant Kluxing of Canyon City, Colorado." .
Relelvance:
The domain name is .lib, so it is a reliable source. There is a site information page. The author is knowledgable in the field, and writes without bias. It offers plenty of valuable and relevant information, and it will help me accomplish my purpose. This, too, is a credible source.

1 comment:

  1. I want to comment on your second evaluation "Welcome to Kolorado, Klan Kountry". The fact that it is updated frequently and is a non-biased source makes it relevant to your research.

    ReplyDelete